This March we had the opportunity to check two of the most amazing places on earth off of our bucket list. I was an awarded a sabbatical through work, and Paul used his vacation time to travel with me. We spent 6 short days in Jordan, followed by a safari in Tanzania that was absolutely unforgettable.
We are beyond fortunate enough to travel far often, but these trips together were incredibly eye-opening and unforgettable both because of the insane beauty that these regions encompass, but also because it was the first time we’ve really got the chance to meet people who live so completely and utterly different than we do, but are a million times more friendly, generous and humble than us.
So, we follow along as we recap our journey on the blog. These will be the links to the full story…
15 Reasons to Go to Jordan Today (In Pictures!!!)
Part 1 – Jordan and Tanzania Sabbatical Overview and Flights (coming soon!)
Part 2 – Jordan – Dead Sea and Heading South (coming soon!)
Part 3 – Jordan – Petra (coming soon!)
Part 4 – Jordan – Jerash (coming soon!)
Part 5 – Jordan – Amman (coming soon!)
Part 6 – Stopover in Doha, Qatar (coming soon!)
Part 7 – Tanzania – Arusha, Getting Around, and the People (coming soon!)
Part 8 – Tanzania – Tarangire National Park (coming soon!)
Part 9 – Tanzania – Lake Manyara National Park (coming soon!)
Part 10 – Tanzania – Ngorongoro Conservation Area – Ndutu Lake (coming soon!)
Part 11 – Tanzania – The Great Migration (coming soon!)
Part 12 – Tanzania – Serengeti National Park (coming soon!)
Part 13 – Tanzania – Ngorongoro Conservation Area – Ngorongoro Crater (coming soon!)
Part 14 – Jordan and Tanzania Sabbatical Recap and Final Thoughts (coming soon!)
But before we get there.. let’s start with the number one question that we got before, during, and after:
WHY Would Anybody Want To Vacation In Jordan???
So for all the haters out there, HERE are 13 reasons why YOU should go to Jordan:
1. Sundowners over the Dead Sea… Yes. Please.
2. You can rule your own domain in a castle overlooking all the land.. (just watch out for that shadowy place over there, Simba)
3. Maybe you’re a big history buff. You might enjoy the oldest map of Palestine in existence.
4. Or you like the romance of candles, but HATE setting up all 1,500 luminaries yourself at home.
5. Perhaps the chill of experiencing one of the ancient wonders of world at night appeals to you.
6. Maybe all the light pollution where you live is totally killing your #stargrams…
7. And you truly believe: “He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead”
8. Or you’re a recently freed genie looking for a not-so-itty-bitty-living space
9. It’s also been forever since your last really killer game of hide and seek…
10. Plus we know that Matt Damon is your spirit animal and you want to see where they filmed The Martian.